For complete list of services and their costs, see section - the cost of services
Mammography is a fast, painless and accurate method applied in breast care for diagnosing breast diseases. Unlike ultrasound, mammogram allows not only to detect the tumor, and to see its size but also determine its nature. The method makes it possible to identify tumors at early stages and prevent breast disease.
The study is comfortable, brings no harm, and takes only 10 minutes.
Mammography apparatus Planmed Nuance provides excellent image quality while minimizing irradiation of the patient.
Cerain types of mammography studies require special preparation:
- Mammography is performed in the period from 5th to 12th day of the menstrual cycle; for women in menopause, in the absence of menstruation or irregular cycle - on any day of the cycle.
- On the day of the study the patient should not apply deodorizing agents and powder on the skin of underarm areas.
- If a patient has breast implants, it's necessary need to warn the staff of the mammography office in advance, in order to ensure the study to be performed by an expert familiar with the radiographic features of implants.
- The patient should be warned that after the end of the study it will be necessary to wait until the doctor makes certain in satisfactory image quality.
- Before the study it's necessary to remove all decorations, strip to the waist and put on a front unbuttoning robe.